Following a workshop at AMEE 2016, medical educators and students from around the world have been working together to develop approaches to developing and delivering Sustainable Healthcare Education (SHE).
The group includes representatives from Denmark, Brazil, South Africa, Canada and USA. So far, we have:
- worked to further explore the relevance of the SHE core learning objectives (developed in UK consultation by the SHE network) internationally, drawing on outcomes from the workshop, which included international participants
- discussed best practice for SHE, and how this may vary between different countries
- discussed approaches to assessment for SHE
We are hoping to continue the collaboration to further our practice locally and to disseminate our findings through academic outputs such as conference presentations and papers.
If you'd like to find out more, you could join our email group - contact email@example.com Email and let us know who you are and how you might like to be involved!
SKYPE CALL 9pm GMT on 28th February - ten people were on the call. We discussed:
- Discussion of potential submission of abstract / workshop proposal about how to assess environmental sustainability for Ottawa conference.
- E-collaboration for environmental sustainability - how are we doing? how could we improve our communication (internally and with other educators, students, )?
- Implementation locally - how are we applying our learning and the educational objectives and approaches in our local settings? how do we best support each other to do this? (including continuing the discussion about writing up 'best practice' case studies)
- The idea of carrying out a survey of medical students' opinions and desires regarding SHE (also could explore what's already being taught)
- Publications in progress
- 'Any other business' and next meeting date