BTS position statement on the environment and lung health
In case you didn't see it, the British Thoracic Society released its Position Statement on the Environment and Lung Health in March along with these 5 action points members can take:
- First and foremost, read the Position Statement – and share it with colleagues.
- Talk to the ‘sustainability lead’ in your place of work - find out how your organisation measures up, and what more could be done.
- Consider switching from metered dose inhalers (pMDIs) to non-propellant devices (which have a carbon footprint roughly 18 times lower than pMDIs), whenever they are likely to be equally effective.
- Always promote (where clinically indicated) high value treatments and interventions, such as smoking cessation, flu vaccination etc. They promote health and reduce future costs.
- Tell us what you’re doing that is successful in your workplace – we’re keen to see and share best practice: firstname.lastname@example.org