Lecturer, MSc., BSc. (Hons), PGDE., Cert Ed., RN, RNT.
Role: Lecturer in Adult nursing, Module Leader, Stage Leader.
Current teaching experience:
• Sociology of health and illness.
• Sustainability and Health.
• Adult Nursing
• Public Health
• Leadership and Management in Nursing
• Clinical Decision Making.
I have no formal lead roles in curriculum development, however I have published papers on the topic and been involved in developing the current curriculum philosophy.
Professional affiliations. Member of the British Sociological Association.
Research and Consultancy.
• 1997 – Qualitative research on Intensive care for MSc.
• 1999 – Developed learning tool for Integrated Care Pathways.
• 2001 – Project lead South West Regional staff development survey.
• 2004 – Project lead for Department of Health research funding bid.
• 2005 – ‘Exploratory study of UK and Spanish student mobility issues’.
• 2008 – ongoing: publishing on the links between sustainability, climate change and health.
• 2009 - Investigation of a student ‘Community of Practice’ for sustainability and climate change.
• 2010 – Faculty lead for sustainability in the BSc Nursing programme.
• 2012 – Sustainability Education Developer for School of Nursing and Midwifery.
• 2015 – Action Nursing – examining the socio-political role of nursing
• 2016-Co researcher for the NusSus project – developing sustainability education toolkit for nursing in Europe.