Webinar: Introduction to Greener AHP Hub and Walking Aids Reuse
As the third largest clinical workforce in the NHS, Allied Health Professionals play an important role in Delivering a Net Zero NHS. This webinar will introduce both the Greener AHP Hub and the How-to Guide on Walking Aids Reuse, with insights from clincians with walking aids reuse schemes in place.
The Greener AHP Hub was launched last month and highlights the importance of environmental sustainability for AHPs. The hub gives examples where AHPs are well placed to lead on carbon net zero and has suggestions about how individuals, teams and services can make a positive impact towards this.
The How-to Guide on Walking Aids Reuse was launched during COP26. This provides key information to help Trusts implement walking aids reuse, giving the business case, the key steps to implementation, access to procurement frameworks and supporting guidance.
- Ben Whittaker (chair), Chief Sustainability Officer's Clinical Fellow, NHS England & NHS Improvement
- Linda Hindle, Deputy Chief AHP Officer for England, Office for Health Improvement and Disparities
- Nicole Fletcher, Sustainable Procurement Lead, NHS England & Improvement
- Ruth Ferguson, Interim Professional Lead for Occupational Therapy, York & Scarborough Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Deborah Snell, Lead Therapist, Therapy Services, Mid and Sout Essex NHS Foundation Trust
Instructions on joining:
- Please open the link using Google Chrome
- Select the option to 'watch on the web instead'
- You can sign in with your details, or join anonymously to access the webinar
- There will be a hold screen stating the event hasn't started yet until the webinar is due to commence at midday
- Details for future webinars delivered by the Office of Chief Allied Health Professions Officer ar eposted to our AHP Virtual Hub on the FutureNHS platform. you can gain access to the space by emailing email@example.com