The practice of healthcare contributes significantly to the international carbon footprint, and therefore undermines both human health and the health of the planetary. Dentistry contributes to planetary harm through the products we buy, the waste we produce, and the way patients access our services.
This course explores the evidence on harm and ways of reducing it, and prepares dental teams to become more sustainable healthcare providers. The course is designed for dental care professionals and support staff in primary and secondary care.
- Workshop: 17 November (Wed) 13.00-17.00
- Self-study period opens: 27 October 2021 (Wed)
- Work-in-progress presentations: 26 January (Wed) 15.00-17.00
£165 + VAT | Book here
- Describe the current planetary emergency and its implications for human health
- Identify the contribution dentistry makes to environmental degradation, and how it can be reduced
- Explain how sustainability can be marketed to improve public knowledge
- Design a more sustainable dental practice