Join SOS-UK SDG Teach-in 2022
The SDG Teach In is a campaign to put the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and therefore sustainability, at the heart of all stages of education, and across all disciplines, including health education!
The annual campaign runs in February/March of each year, and calls upon educators to include the SDGS within their teaching, learning and assessment during the campaign (and beyond!). The 2022 campaign will run from 21st February - 11th March 2022. Educators of all kinds can pledge to take part using the form here.
The Teach In spans the formal, informal and subliminal curriculum, at all stages of education and all disciplines, so educators of all kinds can take part! You can incorporate the SDGs in any way you like, but we encourage solutions-focused and participatory learning that is relevant to your discipline.
Aims of the Teach In
The Teach In aims to:
- Raise awareness of the importance of sustainable development.
- Catalyse curriculum reform and test new ideas.
- Embed sustainability and social responsibility across all learning.
- Link teaching, learning, and assessment to local and global concerns.
- Prepare students with the knowledge, skills, and attributes to tackle the world's greatest challenges.
The SDG Teach In is hosted and led by Students Organising for Sustainability (SOS-UK) a student-led education charity focusing on sustainability.
Find out more and pledge your commitment here: https://www.sos-uk.org/project/global-goals-teach-in