Carbon Sustainable Ophthalmology
A satellite event of the The Royal College of Ophthalmologists Annual Congress 2012, Carbon Sustainable Ophthalmology will explore how we can develop low Carbon Eye care pathways.
- Mr Andy Cassels-Brown, Consultant in Community Ophthalmology, Leeds
- Dr Aditi Das MBChB BSc, Ophthalmic Public Health Trainee, Leeds
11:00-11:05: Introduction to Sustainability Dr Aditi Das
11:05-11.20: Why is sustainability important in today's NHS? Dr Ruth Passman (NHS Sustainable Development Unit)
11.20-11:30: Eye Care for Carbon: More questions than answers Mr Andy Cassels-Brown
11.30-11.40: Developing sustainable pathways within eye care Mr John Somner (Ophthalmology Registrar)
11.40-11.50: Carbon Footprint of Cataract surgery Mr Dan Morris (Consultant Ophthalmologist)
11.50-12.00 Opportunities for carbon reduction in Ophthalmology Dr Frances Mortimer (Centre for Sustainable Healthcare)
12.00-12.10: Glaucoma Referral Refinement Gok Ratnarajan (Glaucoma Fellow)
12.10-12.20: Role of the Pharmaceutical industry Optic UK
- How can we develop low Carbon Eye care pathways?
- What can I do to reduce my carbon footprint?
- Practicalities of setting up a green Ophthalmology fellowship
Outputs from this workshop will be circulated in College News