Green Nephrology Survey of Local Representatives 2010
Results from the 2010 local Green Nephrology representatives survey: In full (although comments have been summarised) and as a single page summary for circulation and display. Also a ppt. file to use as you wish.
They represent the first full year of the programme. In summary:
- There is a lot of support for green nephrology at a local level
- There is a high level of activity and desire to be active
- The main barriers are
- lack of support at a senior management / Trust or Board level
- financial - failure to invest in cost saving initiatives (even where a good ROI has been demonstrated) because of initial start up costs.
Additionally, communications with Local Reps individually suggest that:
- Activity is spreading beyond renal services in Cornwall, Fife, Bradford and Glasgow for projects with generic application such as waste reduction and e-consultation.
- Cost and carbon savings are being demonstrated for individual projects
- There is evidence of replication of ideas between regions
- information resource