Green Prescribing for Sustainable Healthcare learning resources
Recordings and learning resources are now live from our event ‘Green Prescribing for Sustainable Healthcare: from policy to practice’ - https://sustainablehealthcare.org.uk/what-we-do/connecting-q-locally/green-prescribing-sustainable-healthcare
How can we capture the power of the natural world to support the physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual health of each person and the population as a whole, helping to prevent illness? And how can we steward and care for the ecosystems that we rely on so that they are sustained as they sustain us?
Our inspiring panelists discussed how nature connection for health can be integrated into everyday life, into existing clinical pathways and what work is going on to scale Green Prescribing in the UK:
- Nicola Gitsham, Head of Social Prescribing and Community Approaches, NHS England and Improvement
- Sam Alford, Senior Manager, Green Social Prescribing programme, NHS England and Improvement
- Jacob Krzanowski, Specialist Registrar in General Adult Psychiatry at the South London and Maudsley (SLaM) NHS Foundation Trust
- Jenny King, Wild at Heart Project Officer, Sheffield and Rotherham Wildlife Trust
- Jane Soothill, Communities and Prevention Officer, Surrey County Council
Go to https://sustainablehealthcare.org.uk/what-we-do/connecting-q-locally/green-prescribing-sustainable-healthcare to hear the event recordings along with key points and resources for learning and discussion.
This project is funded through Q, by the Health Foundation and NHS England and NHS Improvement. You can view more topics from the connecting q locally series, here.