2018 Global Climate and Health Summit (COP24)
The Global Climate and Health Alliance (GCHA), WHO, the European Committee of the Regions, and the Pro Silesia Association are co-hosting a half day Health Summit alongside the annual UNFCCC COP meeting on 8th December, from 1:00-5:00 pm CET, followed by a reception, at the University of Silesia in Katowice.
Two important documents will be presented at the event:
- The Call to Action on Climate and Health
- The COP24 Report on Climate Change and Health, prepared by WHO at the request of the COP23 Presidency, and developed in consultation with the global climate and health community (including many of you).
Learn more about the event, and register, at the Summit webpage. The Programme for the event is also attached below.
Ways to get involved:
- If you have a delegation attending COP or members or partners in the Katowice region, invite them to register for and attend the event.
- Help GCHA to promote the event to your networks, via social media, your newsletter, and email to your networks! The information on the website can be used in promotion.
- Become a “partnering organization” on the event. There are no financial expectations involved in being a partner, it’s simply about strengthening the event’s profile, as well as lending visibility through the event to partnering organizations. Partners are listed on the webpage and will be acknowledged during the event.
- Endorse the Call to Action if you haven’t yet, and invite other organizations to endorse it.
- GCHA also looking for volunteers to assist with a few things, such as: event photography on the day of the event, helping to prepare a few of the materials beforehand, helping with social media and promotion, assisting with registration at the event, etc.
- GCHA created a listserv for the health sector attending COP to communicate with one another about health-relevant activities, announcements, and developments within the negotiations. Request to be added to the listserv here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/health-in-katowice/join.