Healthy Planet Better World
Two day conference organised by Medact ("Health Professionals for a Better, Safer, Fairer World") - this year themed on sustainabilty and health.
The health community has both a mandate and an interest in calling for the social, political and economic actions required to mitigate and adapt to environmental change. This forum will examine:
- The relationship between environment and health, covering a wide range of interconnected issues related to the breaching of planetary boundaries.
- How delegates can address the impacts of environmental change on health.
Be sure to look out for the "Sustainability in the NHS" session at 3.45pm on the 9th:
Sustainability in the NHS,1545-1700 on Friday 9th December
Chaired by Steve Thornton, Vice Principal of Health and Executive Dean, Barts & London NHS Trust. Panel:
- Dr. David Pencheon, Director, Sustainable Development Unit, NHS England / Public Health England: “The NHS: building a sustainable organisation”
- Dr. Frances Mortimer, Medical Director, Centre for Sustainable Healthcare: “The Sustainable Physician”
- Dr. Rachel Cottam, Sustainability Lead, Brighton & Hove CCG: “Sustainability in Practice”