Living List of Sustainability Research Priorities
Hello, my name is Dianne, I am an Occupational Therapy graduate, increasingly long in the tooth composter, and gardener (much better at former than latter). I recently approached the SHE net-work with the ambition of creating a living list of research priorities, with the aim of using it to build the evidence base for a sustainable health care system. They invited me to start a wiki on the SHE page, on which people can comment. So here it is. I have started with a list of proposed research priority areas, which once agreed on, can be used to categorise the list (see below). It would be lovely to make a pool of energies, to get inspirational and inspired. For the next six months, I will be your devoted curator.
I look forwards to hearing from you
Proposed priority areas:
- Identified areas/specialties/topics in need of research
- Clinical specialties not yet represented in CSH clinical specialties programme
- Qualitative - how to motivate and sustain collaboration for sustainable healthcare? patients and public experience of sustainable healthcare?
- Quantitative - where can the most effective and efficient changes be made?
- Gaps in the literature and areas where more research to build the evidence base is required:
- quantification of environmental impacts where existing studies have identified new, more sustainable approaches
- Evidence about effective approaches to collaboration,
- Effective pedagogies for environmental sustainability and health education
- Research methods
- Making health research more environmental (refernece NICE guidelines for environmental sustainability in research)
- Research methods for bringing together diverse disciplines, e.g. sustainability science, climate science, health, sociology...