Please add your recommendations (under the most relevant learning outcome) for short videos or animations to use in sustainable healthcare teaching:
PRIORITY LEARNING OUTCOME 1: Describe how the environment and human health interact at different levels
- Infographic "What's really warming the world" (Bloomberg, 2015): http://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2015-whats-warming-the-world/
- Time lapse history of CO2 emissions in 1 minute: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEMse22h8c8 - useful to get students to think about the legacy of carbon emissions globally and responsibilities of individual countries.
- Infographic "Climate change and health" (Lancet Commission, 2015): http://www.thelancet.com/commissions/climate-change-2015
- BBC Paris Heatwave 2003 - impact on healthcare services, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx2940wcooo
- Abundance within Planetary Boundaries, Johan Rockstrom - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WFtCAdCm84
PRIORITY LEARNING OUTCOME 2: Demonstrate the knowledge and skills needed to improve the environmental sustainability of health systems
- "Sustainable Specialties - the greening of nephrology" (Centre for Sustainable Healthcare, 2013): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlT4kP8WSms
- "Sustainable Mental Healthcare" (Centre for Sustainable Healthcare & Royal College of Psychiatrists, 2014): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1p78hwp-Bc
- "Dr Doug Eby on Integrated Healthcare Design" (South Central Foundation, Alaska, 2013): https://vimeo.com/58727522
PRIORITY LEARNING OUTCOME 3: Discuss how the duty of a doctor to protect and promote health is shaped by the dependence of human health on the local and global environment.