Sustainable Anaesthetics Course(multiple dates)
This foundation course offers an overview of the relationship between human health and the climate and ecological crises, with a focus on anaesthetics and the operating department. It demonstrates how the health system is vulnerable to, but also contributes to, climate change and ecological degradation, examines the specific contribution of anaesthetics to carbon emissions and other environmental impacts and explores how to develop a more sustainable approach to the practice of anaesthetics and the operating department, whilst maintaining or improving quality of care.
- Part I. Self-study online
- Part II. Live workshop online
- Part III. Mentoring
Upcoming course dates:
- Workshop: 6 October (Thurs) 13.00-17.00
- Self-study period opens: 15 September
- Describe the relationship between the global environmental crisis and human health.
- Describe the risks to the healthcare system, and the contribution of the health sector, particularly anaesthetics and surgery, to environmental degradation.
- Apply the principles of sustainable development to anaesthetic practice and the operating department.
- Develop carbon literacy and identify carbon hotspots
- Plan a project to improve the sustainability of respiratory care in your workplace