Update on AAGBI activities in greener anaesthesia
The Chair of the AAGBI Envrionmental Task Force, Dr Samantha Shinde, recently sent out this udate on what the AAGBI (The Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland) has been doing to champion the agenda for greener anaesthesia - which i thought might be of interest to members of the SusOp Network. You can also read more in their special Environment issue of Anaesthesia News.
- The publication of an environment statement: signed with the Royal College of Anaesthetists (RCoA) and College of Anaesthetists in Ireland (CAI).
- Establishing an environmental task group: collaborative working within the specialty and industry to research and promote green healthcare across the profession. More.
- Reducing our carbon footprint at 21 Portland Place and at AAGBI events.
- Building awareness and providing education: including a recently fully-booked Environment and Anaesthesia seminar and growing environmental awareness initiatives at Annual Congress.
- Recognising environmental champions: through the AAGBI & Barema award and the forthcoming fellowship in the ‘Environment and Anaesthesia’.
Feeling inspired? Support Clean Air Day 2018
Once again we're proud to support Clean Air Day (21 June 2018) - the opportunity for the UK to come together and improve air quality through collective action. Clean Air Day 2018 also enables the speciality and industry to consider the impact of anaesthetic gases on climate change.