healthy eating for a healthy planet
The WWF (World Wildlife Fund) has come up with 5 key tips for healthy eating which is good for the planet at http://earthhour.wwf.org.uk/whats-next/healthy-eating-for-a-healthy-planet
1) Eat more plants – enjoy fruit and veg
2) Waste less food – up to 30% of what is brought home is wasted
3) Eat less meat – Meat, be it red or white, can be a tasty complement rather than just a centre piece of a good meal
4) Eat less processed food – as they tend to be more resource intensive to produce and often contain high levels of sugar, fat and salt
5) Eat certified food – buy food that meets a credible certified standard – like MSC for fish or RSPO for palm oil or RSPCA Freedom Foods for meat and eggs.
Praps but it on a poster in the practice waiting room...has anyone done this already?
Also see http://www.meatfreemondays.co.uk/ - a website dedicated to encouraging people to have at least 1 day off eating meat (Mondays!)