Productive General Practice programme
The Productive General Practice programme is designed to help general practice continue to deliver high quality care whilst meeting increasing levels of demand and diverse expectations.
Practice teams are supported to
- identify opportunities to improve how they work
- use data to drive improvement
- design out waste, inefficiencies and costs
- involve the whole team in innovation and productivity
- plan ahead for capacity and demand
- involve their patients in service re-design
In developing the programme, the NHS Institute for Innovation and Improvement worked with Forum for the Future and The Centre for Sustainable Healthcare to include tools and information on cutting energy and water use, and waste.