Sustainability in Quality Improvement learning resources
Sustainability has been recognised as a domain of quality in healthcare, and building it into quality improvement (QI) is a practical way to drive incremental change towards a more ethical, sustainable health system.
These learning resources have been developed by the Centre for Sustainable Healthcare with grant funding from North Bristol NHS Trust. Based on the "SusQI Framework"*, they are designed to help learners to:
- Set sustainable goals for a quality improvement project.
- Recognise the use of environmental and social resources in a current service, and identify opportunities to improve.
- Design a project using sustainability principles (prevention, empowerment, lean pathways, low carbon alternatives) to achieve the greatest benefit.
- Measure the impact of a project on sustainable value.
*Sustainability in quality improvement: redefining value. Mortimer F, Isherwood J, Wilkinson A, Vaux E. Future Healthcare Journal, 2018 Vol.5(2):88-93
- educational materials
- measurement tool / template