Sustainable Kidney Care Course
This foundation course explores the bi-directional relationship between health and the environment, with a focus on kidney care. The climate crisis poses a threat to human health and current models of healthcare contribute to climate change and ecological destruction. Reducing the financial and environmental impact of services and improving their social value while ensuring a high standard of care is essential for making healthcare services sustainable. Using case studies, this course introduces the steps healthcare workers in nephrology can take to make their services greener and become leaders in sustainable transformation.
- Describe the risks the global environmental crisis presents to human health and healthcare systems.
- Describe the contribution of the health sector, particularly kidney care, to the global environmental crisis.
- Understand the basic principles of carbon literacy.
- Understand how sustainability can help to address existing challenges in the healthcare system.
- Apply the principles of sustainability to kidney care.
- Plan a project to improve the sustainability of healthcare in your workplace.
- Workshop: 6 December (Wed) 13.00-17.00 GMT