New year, new name, new plans for the Green Occupational Therapy Network
These are exciting and changing times. In the new year the Campaign for Greener Healthcare will be relaunching itself as the Centre for Sustainable Healthcare, and we will be renaming the Green Occupational Therapy Network accordingly.
We see this as a good opportunity to restructure the Network in order to meet the increasing number of requests that are coming our way from various members of the occupational therapy world. We are now entering a consultation period, out of which the Network will relaunch in the spring bigger and better.
We will be looking to create some new roles within the team and would love to hear from anybody who would like to contribute. Also, if you have any thoughts or suggestions for our new name then please do let us know.
Here are a few of our highlights from the past 12 months. A big thank you to everyone who has helped out along the way...
- Our first study day in April at the University of Brighton: http://greenerhealthcare.org/blog/2010/05/occupational-therapy-art-sustainable-living out of which came the 10:10 OT Checklist: http://greenerhealthcare.org/1010-ot-checklist
- Various workshops and presentations around the country, including sessions at the COT Annual Conference and our keynote speech at the COT-SS Mental Health Conference. Tamara was a keynote speaker at last week's 'Transforming Occupational Therapy for a Greener Future' student conference: http://www.cot.org.uk/MainWebSite/Resources/Document/NYrg_student_conference_2010-flyer.pdf
- Setting up the first BAOT Sustainable Living Local Group, in the South East Region
- Tamara being chosen as one of the London Leaders for Sustainability: http://www.londonsdc.org/londonleaders/profile.aspx?ID=41
- Working on a COT Occasional Paper about Sustainability with Gill Gower of Canterbury Christ Church University, which will appear next year
We wish you a happy Christmas and all the very best for the coming year.
Onwards and upwards,Ben and Tamara