Sustainable Paediatric Respiratory Care
Free podcast on sustainable paediatric respiratory care with Paediatric Trainees Kirsten Dykes and Rosie Spooner.
We discusses the implications of climate change on child respiratory health, including the simple measures that respiratory health care professionals can do to help the environment.
Dr Rosie Spooner is a Paediatric Registrar in the Severn Deanery. She is a QI Education Fellow at the Centre for Sustainable Healthcare and is passionate about the environment
Host: Dr Kirstin DykesTwitter: @gasexchangepod
1. Every breath we take: the lifelong impact of air pollution (RCP & RCPCH Feb 2016): https://www.rcplondon.ac.uk/projects/outputs/every-breath-we-take-lifelong-impact-air-pollution
2. The Inside story: health effects of indoor air quality on children and young people (RCPCH Jan 2020):https://www.rcpch.ac.uk/sites/default/files/2020-01/the-inside-story-report_january-2020.pdf
3. Learn more about the Kidzmed project helping children switch from liquid medicines to tablets:https://qicentral.rcpch.ac.uk/medsiq/patient-support/creating-a-pill-school-the-kidzmed-project/Full publication here: https://adc.bmj.com/content/105/11/1105
4. Inhaler resources: www.greeninhaler.orgwww.greenerpractice.co.uk
5. Sustainable QI resources from the Centre for Sustainable Healthcare:www.susqi.org6.
Further information on air pollution and health, including patient information leaflets:www.cleanairhub.org.uk/mobilisinghealthprofessionals